At Lapinus, we offer premium quality stone fibres and strong technical support for the friction industry. We go beyond being raw material supplier by researching the functionalities of our products together with other materials in the friction matrix. Rise to global challenges for friction, our team has continuously driven innovation for better solutions together with our customers. Rooted in sustainability, our highly biosoluble products contribute to shaping a better world for today and tomorrow.
of non-exhaust traffic related PM10 emissions in urban environments is caused by brake wear
It is without doubt that brake systems are among the most important safety components in passenger cars and commercial vehicles. They must be able to stop under any circumstance. For this reason, it is crucial to have a friction material which can function under extreme conditions. For many years our stone fibres have been used in automotive friction materials (disc pads and linings) to improve comfort, safety and durability.
With an increased focus on comfort and noise, the railway industry globally is moving from cast iron blocks to composite friction materials. Our stone fibres are used widely in these composites, which allow the friction material (railway blocks and pads) to perform under extreme braking conditions.
Industrial equipment, such as windmills and elevators, are equipped with various brake systems for safe operation. Our stone fibres are used in industrial friction materials to increase efficiency, lower the cost of ownership and minimize downtime.
Why stone fibre in friction materials
The performance of friction materials depends on the synergy between all raw materials. Our stone fibres contribute to the mechanical and tribological performance of brakes.
How do stone fibres work?
Our high temperature resistant stone fibres are providing the following main functionalities for friction applications.
- 80 years of experience in stone wool production
- 25 years of expertise in precision-engineered stone wool applications
- Proven know-how on different industrial applications
- Continous product & service innovation
- Dedicated application development team
- 10% of profit invested in R&D
- Sustainable products
- Improve safety, comfort and well-being
- Contribute to a circular economy
- Consistent & high product quality
- Flexible and hassle-free logstics
- Recognised as A-rated supplier
- Business stability (Part the of ROCKWOOL Group)