Sophisticated Three-Stage Anti-Vibration Solution For Ballasted Tracks
Providing for decades of stable, predictable and highest vibration isolation even in the most demanding applications the Rockdelta anti-vibration solution for ballasted railway tracks is based on a sophisticated three-stage approach using high-efficiency Rockdelta RB as the core element.
The solution consists of a unique dual-density sub-ballast mat with;
- a low-damping, soft resilient layer – designed, tested and manufactured to have an extended lifetime with retained functional performance even under harsh climatic conditions
- a force distributing high-density top layer, and finally
- the sub ballast mats fibres are being protected from potential impairment by the ballast stones with a geocomposite product – with excellent resistance to stretching and tearing – that deforms under the load of the ballast and enables easy replacement of the ballast.
The Rockdelta geocomposite is a high-quality composite product comprising two membranes of non-woven geotextile and a load-distributing core. This solution can also be designed to act as a drainage system.
Selected Features Of A Rockdelta RB Solution
- Excellent dynamic properties with inherent, first-rate volume compressibility
- Unique dual density design with hard layer upper surface and soft layer core
- Outstanding functional performance under any climatic conditions
- Fully documented specifications based upon exhaustive tests
- Exceptional life-span with virtually no change in functional performance
- Maintenance free solution
- Highly cost-effective
- Short installation time with easy-to-handle mats and no need for gluing
- No functional performance changes at sub-zero temperatures
- All products artificially aged to ensure outstanding long-term stability
- Excellent references
- Designed to work with geocomposite
Easy and safe installation is an advantage, especially in tunnels, where accessibility with heavy large cumbersome machinery and lifting devices can be difficult to manoeuvre. - Welding and grinding can be done without risk of fire.